The DVR's firmware must be updated to version d2b02-66n1148E02581480. This firmware version is available through the Brivo support web site at http://www.brivo.com/support/downloads.php. The following steps describe the process to upgrade the DVR’s firmware:
1. Burn the contents of the zip file downloaded from the Brivo web site onto a blank CD. When extracting the files, ensure that the “Use Folder Names” option is enabled. Following the creation of the CD, verify that the only sub-folder in the CD’s root directory is “upd200s”.
2. Reboot the DVR.
3. Enter the DVR menu using the front panel or remote control.
4. Enter the DVR password and press <Select>. This action will cause the Main menu to be displayed.
5. Select Option 10, “Shutdown”, on the Main menu. This action will cause the Shutdown menu to be displayed.
6. Select Option 2, “Reboot”, on the Shutdown menu. This action will cause the DVR to reboot.
7. Following the restart of the DVR, place the CD created during Step 1 in the DVR's CD drive.
8. Enter the DVR menu using the front panel or remote control.
9. Select Option 1, System, from the Main menu. This action will cause the System menu to be displayed.
10. Selection Option 1, Version, from the System menu. This action will cause the Version menu to be displayed.
11. Select the “Upgrade Via Local Device” from the System menu. This action will cause the DVR to search the CD for a suitable firmware version to install. After a few minutes, a dialog will be displayed to confirm the installation of firmware version d2b02-66n1148E02581480.
12. Answer affirmatively. This action will cause the DVR to install the new firmware version and will result in the restart of the DVR.
13. Upon the successful restart, the DVR will be ready for use with Brivo Onair.