1. Using a card that has not yet been added to the Card Bank, swipe it through your card reader. The card is automatically added a list of “unknown cards.”
2. From the Setup dropdown menu, choose the Cards tab then click on the Unknown Cards tab. The Unknown Cards page displays.
3. This page indicates the Date/Time that the unknown card was enrolled in the system, as well as the Site Name and Door Name at which it was swiped. A Hex Value and Number of Bits are also identified for the card. Click the Hex Value of the card you want to add to the Card Bank. The Add Unknown Card page displays.
4. In the Card External ID field, enter an identifying label for the card, such as the name of the person to whom the card will be assigned.
5. Click Add as Unknown Format. A green message bar displays stating that the card has been added to the Card Bank.
6. Brivo Onair also automatically calculates Potential Formats which show the format name, facility code, and internal number of the unknown card allowing you to enter the card using a known card format, for example Standard 26 Bit. To enter the card into the Card Bank using this method, simply click on the Add as Standard 26-Bit button instead of the Add as Unknown Format button. A green message bar displays stating the card has been added to the Card Bank.
In the Card # field, find the Card Identifier for the card you just added. It will have either an unknown card format or the selected potential format and will be unassigned. To assign the card to a new user, click the Assign icon associated with that card to access the New User page. To assign the card to an existing user, go to the Edit User page.