1. If you are not already on the Door Control Board detail page:
2. From the Setup dropdown menu, choose the Sites/Doors tab then click on the Control Panels tab. The Control Panel List displays.
3. Click the control panel for which you wish to configure an I/O Board. The Control Panel detail page displays.
4. Click the I/O Board you wish to configure. The I/O Board detail page displays.
5. The Location field can be edited on this page, but not the Board Type and Board # fields.
6. You can define up to eight inputs and eight outputs for each I/O Board. I/O points can be reused by devices, and some devices use multiple points; therefore, the number of devices controlled by an I/O Board is undefined.
7. For each input device (INPUT1-INPUT8), accept the default Label or enter a new short, descriptive value for the device:
8. In the Label field a default label displays. To change the label, enter a short, descriptive value, such as “Computer Room Fan.”
9. In the EOL Supervision field, click Yes or No to indicate if the input device is wired for end-of-line supervision.
10. In the Normal State field, select Normally Closed to indicate that the I/O Point is normally closed, or Normally Open to indicate that it is normally open.
11. For each output device (OUTPUT1-OUTPUT8), accept the default Label or enter a new short, descriptive value for the device:
· In the Normal State field, select Normal from the dropdown list to indicate that the output point operates in a fail secure mode. Select Energized to indicate that the output point operates in a fail open mode.
The following three steps must be completed in order to utilize Fail Open functionality in Brivo Onair:
1. Mode set to Fail Open (Energized)
2. Correctly wired for Fail Open
3. Fail Open style door lock must be used
Simply changing mode to Fail Open from a system that had been configured for Fail Secure operations is not sufficient to achieve Fail Open operation.
12. Click Save Board. You are returned to the Control Panel detail page with the new I/O Board listed in alphabetical order.